
"Anna, your grandma wants you to go on a trip with her to Greece and Turkey," my mom told me excitedly." Oh ya, Anna, you have to go on this trip because this could be the last time you will go on a trip with your grandma."
would not make it away from home that long, but I did not want to tell my mom that because I now really wanted to go on the trip. I thought I should start packing, so I went in my room and thought about what I should bring.
" But mom, I don't want to go! I want to go to Coastal Camp with Dana and Nicole, and the next week I want to go to Slide Ranch with Nicole and Sierra. Wait a minute, how come it might be the last time I go on a trip with her?" I questioned.
"Well honey, she is getting old and might not live that much longer," my mom said sadly.
" Fine, I'll go!" I screamed.
" Okay, good," my mom said
" Okay, but how long will the trip last?" I questioned again.
" You should be gone for about two weeks, do you think you can handle being away from home for that long?" my mom asked me strangely.
" Well yeah, I'm pretty sure I can handle it, but what if I can't handle it in the middle of the trip?" I babbled.
" Honey, don't worry about it. When the time comes we will talk about those things," my mom said a little annoyed.
Well, I realized my mom did not want to freak me out. The trip was in two days and my grandma would come down from L.A. to pick me up. I was really freaked out. I thought I
would not make it away from home that long, but I did not want to tell my mom that because I now really wanted to go on the trip. I thought I should start packing, so I went in my room and thought about what I should bring.It took a couple hours to pack because I was going to be gone for two weeks. When I was finished I ran up stairs to tell my mom. She was happy for me that I did it myself, but she told me she would have to go over it to give it the O.K. That was not too bad, at least I got it done. The bag was so heavy I could barley lift it with all my might. I carried it by the door so I wouldn't leave it behind.
It was time for bed. It was already 9:00 p.m. I had a hard time sleeping. I think it was because I kept thinking about the bad things that could happen and not about the good things that would be fun. I finally fell asleep and when I woke up the next morning, my grandma was staring at me. I was freaked out.
" How did she get here?! " I screamed in front of her.
" She just arrived from the airport to pick you up," my mom said.
It only took half an hour to get out of the house. My parents drove to the airport with my brother and I squished in the back, burning hot. It was torture. I did not want to say I was hot or ask if I could move spots because they were having a conversation the whole time about politics, or something like that. When we got to the airport I said a bunch of goodbyes and started walking to our gate. We had business class, my grandma told me about it and she said the chairs fold out into beds. I could not wait.
It was boarding time, I was so excited about the business class. We got to our seats and I sat down, It was heaven. The seats folded out right into a flat surface, which
looked like a bed. I got all organized, got the seat belt on, and I was ready for take off. I took about 10 min. before we started moving. Once we where high up in the air I got out my phone, my Nintendo, and my iPod touch. It was a long and noisy plane ride. It was finally night and it was time to go to bed. We were on the red eye, so we had to stay over night. I could not go to sleep. The whole time I could only hear this buzzing noise, it was really annoying.
looked like a bed. I got all organized, got the seat belt on, and I was ready for take off. I took about 10 min. before we started moving. Once we where high up in the air I got out my phone, my Nintendo, and my iPod touch. It was a long and noisy plane ride. It was finally night and it was time to go to bed. We were on the red eye, so we had to stay over night. I could not go to sleep. The whole time I could only hear this buzzing noise, it was really annoying.When we arrived in Greece we got in a taxi and got to our hotel. It was a pretty fancy hotel but the elevators were horrible. They were rusty and they looked really old. We got to the hotel room and got all of our stuff out of our bags and into the room. It was a beautiful place. I unpacked all my stuff, I was really bored.
" Grammie, can I go on the elevator down to the lobby?"
" Sure, come back up when your done so I don't lose you," my grandma said quietly for some reason.
" Okay, I'll come back in ten minutes," I said running out the door.
I was running down the halls trying to find the closest elevator. It was taking a while. I finally found one. It looked old and it was really rusty. I was scared to go in. I had
butterflies in my stomach. I finally pressed the up button. It opened. I was walking in and all of a sudden it started to close on me. I started freaking out. Nobody was around me to press the open button inside the elevator. I tried to scream for help but I couldn't speak. I finally pushed open the elevator with all my might and squeezed through. I was in the elevator at last.
butterflies in my stomach. I finally pressed the up button. It opened. I was walking in and all of a sudden it started to close on me. I started freaking out. Nobody was around me to press the open button inside the elevator. I tried to scream for help but I couldn't speak. I finally pushed open the elevator with all my might and squeezed through. I was in the elevator at last.Luckily, I'm strong because otherwise the elevator would of squished me to death. I
was so relieved I do gymnastics. Now every time a see an elevator I think about my S.O.S. It gives me butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. A couple years later I went to Hawaii and saw a rusty old elevator. I was about to go in it, then I thought about the moment. I ran away with fear to an other elevator. I will never, I mean never go in a old and rusty elevator again. Well, I don't plan on going in one again.
was so relieved I do gymnastics. Now every time a see an elevator I think about my S.O.S. It gives me butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. A couple years later I went to Hawaii and saw a rusty old elevator. I was about to go in it, then I thought about the moment. I ran away with fear to an other elevator. I will never, I mean never go in a old and rusty elevator again. Well, I don't plan on going in one again.
7 comments:
You speak with good voice in this piece of writing.
It was very good, nice job.
I think that it would be scary to go into an elevator thats old and rusty. I mean what if it like broke down in mid trip or something, that would really stink. I like how you said that there was a really annoying buzzing noise throughout the flight. That must have been really annoying.
Nice job I like the part about you in the air plane and you could not sleep.
Really nice job Anna! I loved all that detail; leading up to the SOS moment and I actuly wanted to read it. Nice job!
~Henry~
That one was not boring like some of the others.
To tell you the truth I don't like reading a lot of S.O.S stories but this one was great.I also liked how you put a lot of detail into your story. Good job.
Great job Anna! I love how you lead up to the S.O.S.
~Cole~
Post a Comment