
WITHOUT A BREATH
Finally we got there. Our plane landed in Hawaii that Sunday morning in early August. I was so excited we had landed, I hate plane rides! I always have. I've puked about three times in planes, also I get really claustrophobic in a car or plane. But the good news was, we landed. I took a deep breath of fresh air as soon as I got out of the air port and whispered, "Yes, I made it."
We got in the car and started driving to the hotel we were going to stay at. I stared out the window at the beautiful scenery around me, I was only six so my mouth didn't really drop with amazement, but it looked pretty cool... When we arrived at the hotel, I was amazed, we had an awesome hotel right next to the beach. I took a look around. We even had a balcony looking out on the ocean, it was amazing.
The first thing I asked was, "Mom, could I go down to the beach, please?"
Luckily she said, "Shore that's OK with Me," then she asked my dad "How about you take them, T.J."
T.J. is my dad, he's a nice guy,and he agreed, "shore I'd love to take you."
I walked down to the beach with, my brother, my sister, and my dad. We were having a blast, we went swimming in the ocean, we made sand castles, and ran around. I was having the time of my life. After a lot of fun we had to go back to eat dinner. I was exhausted at the end of the day, we ate at the hotel, we had pasta and carrots. After that we had to go to bed.

The next day I was going to have surfing lessons. I couldn't wait, it would be so much fun to stand on a board and having a wave pull you towards shore, I was so excited. After everyone woke up we left for the beach. I was about to go surfing for the first time in my life. When we arrived at the beach, our instructors showed us how we should ride a wave and some technique.
When we got in the water I caught my first wave. I felt as if I were flying. As the wave died down I jumped of my board. I got back on my board started going back out to deeper water. I took the next wave in but this time when I jumped of I tried to get back out of the water, but something wasn't letting up. I tried again but again it didn't work. Now I needed a breath bad, I tried again but for a third time it didn't work. I tried to yell S.O.S but no one would here me because I was still under water. My lungs felt like they were going to turn into tinny little pebbles, I got a light headed felling I was heading downwards. I gave it one last try just for the heck of, I came up with all my strength this time the object wasn't there. Came out of the water and took the biggest breath of air I had ever taken in my life. I felt so happy my lungs felt so much better, and they expanded back to full size. I walked to shore rapped my self up in a worm blanket and took a little rest till every one was done. We went back to the hotel after that and had a relaxed for the rest of the evening.
4 comments:
Nice Sos you had me scared
Tommy,
somehow you don't seem like a surfer dude to me, and I can understand why you don't like flying.
P.S: That was really scary.
Max
Tommy,
This is a great S.O.S. I love how you started off your story. You got me caught on the first paragraph.
Abby
Great story Tommy! Do you have any idea what that thing was? But any way it was pretty scary! Was it fun surfing for the first time? and have you been surfing since?
~Cole~
Post a Comment