Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Worst Day Ever





"Help!" I wanted to scream but I was to terrified to make a sound and it was hard for me to breath. I had butterflies in my stomach and I felt to scared to move but that was already happening.

I knew something was weird but at the time my day felt pretty good. I just got out of bed and I was heading down the stairs. Once when I got to the kitchen, I ate some cereal, then went outside. My friends Kyle and Brandon were waiting for me so we could go on a bike ride. But when I got outside, I forgot that my helmet was upstairs in my room. Since my room was upstairs, I had to walk past my dog, Nicko,my siberian husky, who was sleeping.

"There it is," I said when I saw the round top of it in my laundry basket. So I went and grabbed so I could go on the ride. My friends would have left after having to wait so long, but they were to bored to go anywhere at the time. As I was heading back outside and downstairs, I tripped on Nicko, and flew over the wall stub we had that was next to the stairs. SOS

"Its time to eat Jayden, so you need to come back downstairs. Your friends are still waiting for you." my sister yelled upstairs from the kitchen.

The wind was strong on my clothes and I felt like there was to much air in my lungs for me to breath. I was thinking that my knees would get scraped since I had holes in the place where my knees were. If I had a choice, I would have restarted my day, but I didn't think it would make to much of a difference. I wanted to yell but everything was happening way to fast. All I was able to do was expect the worse to happen right there and then, so I curled up in a ball. Right when I was about to hit the stairs, Nicko came out of nowhere wondering if it was time to take some food from the kitchen. He ran down the stairs and I was relieved to see his soft,black and white back. He had one brown eye and one blue eye and even though he looked vicious, he was just a big, skinny, wimp. He was only vicious when someone was hurting me or my sister, Savannah. One time my mom acted like she was hitting us, and Nicko tried to attack her as if he was saying,"don't touch them or I'll bite you!".

I almost missed his back but barely landed on it. When I landed on his soft back, I was weeping. I wasn't crying because I almost hit the stairs, but I was crying because I was to scared to make a noise so that my mom and my sister would know what's happening. When we got to the bottom, I gave Nicko a huge hug and went outside to go on the bike ride. "L-Lets g-go." I stuttered to Kyle and Brandon, who were asking me what took me so long.

Right after the ride I went to the kitchen to find something to eat and I crashed into my sister who almost crashed into our dinner while I almost stepped on glass since I was backing up blindly, forgetting that Nicko broke the coffee machine that my mom bought two years ago. After that, I was scared not only to go down the stairs, but I was also scared to go into the kitchen for week, hoping that I would never trip on the stairs again. I didn't overcome my kitchen fear completely until the next day when my sister forgot to bring me my food. She only forgot because since it was the weekend, she slept in. I overcame my stairs fear when I overcame my kitchen fear since the kitchen's downstairs. I wasn't really scared of the stairs and the kitchen, but I was scared of being by Nicko when he was
asleep and I was scared of glass.







No comments: