
I feel like going in, I truly do. I really, really, really want to go into that closet but I feel
that going all by myself into a pitch black closet would be quite frightening in my opinion. I just felt this urge to go in all by myself. If I did go in, I could brag about it to my sister because she would be down right scared to go all by herself into a scary closet.
Soon I had a plan. I would go in.
As soon as my sister left for her play date, I opened the door to the closet and put one foot in, but I just couldn't do it alone. My mom wouldn't go in because she said that something was wrong with the door, but I didn't buy that story because I examined that door and I did not see anything wrong with it. My mom was standing right by the closet, so I pulled my mom and before she could say anything, I shut the door and went into the closet. Then I tried to open the door. "I can't find the knob" I said to my mom, and my mom just sighed. I told you that this closet has no doorknob on the inside.
It was dark and me and my mom could not find the light switch. I was terrified and full of angst and I started to realize what I had done. "I am so, so, so, so sorry, mom!" I squealed.
"It's OK honey," my mom replied. My mom stayed calm, but I knew what she was thinking.
"Are we ever going to get out?" I asked my mom.
"Of course we are. Don't worry," she replied, but I could hear the fear and the uncertainty in her voice. Tears were filling my eyes. "Don't cry, we'll be out of here before you know it," my mom said, trying to comfort me.

Soon my mom was banging against the door with her body, trying to make the door loosen. It didn't work. Then I let her go in front of the closet and I went to the back, so she could try and get the door to open. While I was in the back, I felt something and I picked it up. It was a long pole type thing. I picked it up and held it on its side. I soon figured out it was a broom. The stick part of the broom was so long it went through the door making a little hole in the center. "Light!", I screamed. It was only a little hole in the door but it was still light and it was the first glimpse of light we had seen in hours.
I was so happy to finally see light again! Even if it was just a little. After that, my mom took theroom and was using it to make a bigger hole in the door. It was just big enough for me to climb through, so she lifted me up and pushed me through and out of the hole. As soon as I got out I opened the door so my mom could get out too. "Good job, sweetie" my mom said as a huge smile spread across my face.
I was so happy to get out of that scary closet and I know my mom was too! I thought I was a hero, but I guess I was not such a big hero, since I started that whole mess anyway.
9 comments:
love it Tals, good job dragging it out to the S.O.S!
its a great story i feel as thuogh im there
wow that has to of ben fun but also scary. where was the hole that you found at in the closet.
Although a few typos it was a good story.
It brought me into the story.
Nice job.
When did this happen? Also, excellent job! It made me feel as if I was there!
--Riley
I love the beginning! There is no way that I could read the begging and not read the rest. To finnish it off, I also love the end of your story. I love the words you used. There is one typo that is probably pretty easy to fix, theroom, but other than that, it's awesome!
Talia, Your story is great! I like how you took my suggestion and built up to your S.O.S and not just put it there in the very beginning. I liked the part when it was dark and you and your mom just realized that you could not get out, I liked that part because it felt like I was there. Also, since you said your mom made a hole in the door to get you guys out, did you ever get that hole fixed? Anyway, great story, great descriptive writing, great S.O.S! Keep writing!
Post a Comment