Sunday, November 2, 2008

What Do We Do?! SOS

One day when I was up in Tahoe celebrating one of my best friends, Lily's, 9th birthday. It had taken about six and a half hours to get up, because of all the traffic. You could even get out of the car and walk around. We had been listening to The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. Lily's little sister Maia slept most of the time, and half the time Lily and I were hysterically laughing. We had finally arrived at the house that we were staying at. It was a beautiful wood two story house. Lily, Maia and I ran inside. It had felt so refreshing to feel the breeze and see the white shimmering snow on the ground. Our room had a big bed in it, though I had wished for bunk beds I still was quite happy with it. My parents room had a giant loft in it that we decided would be our secret hideout from Maia, it wasn't that hard for her to find us in. After we had checked out all the rooms we agreed to have a snowball fight. The snow was SO cold when you got hit so we went inside to get mittens. Then went back out again and made snow angles.

That night we had my favorite dinner ever, but I didn't know that then, SLOPPY JOE'S! I still have the stain on the long johns that I was wearing that night. After dinner Lily, Maia and I tried to go to sleep but each of us only got about three hours of sleep that night.

The next day we ate our breakfast, got ready to go out skiing, then headed out for Homewood. Maia had to go to lessons and she was really disappointed about it but knew that she would end up losing the fight and left with Dave, Lily and Maia's dad. When he had gotten back we all put on our skiing/snowboarding gear. Lily and I had finished before anybody else.

"Since you guys are done you can start heading up the onto the chairlift" My dad Gregg had told us.

"Don't forget to wait for us at the map near the ski patrol cabin" Dave added.

"We won't" Lily promised.

"Thanks" I said with a bit cheer.

We headed for the line that lead to the chairlift. After about three minutes it was our turn to get on. We scooted over to the red line and sat down we it. "I am SO excited to go down this run. It has been long year since I last went skiing." I announced.
We kept talking about things, until we saw, abot 100 yards up this place that looked like you get off. Then we saw that it kept on going after that. We stared panicing. It was a Huge ski resort and we didn't know if our parents wanted us to get off their or keep going. Then we got so scared we started to have tears coming down our cheeks.

"Where do we go" Lily cried

"I don't know" I said.  We kept on thinking what to do. Then all of sudden we heard a noise. It sounded like sombody calling

"Haley... Lily."  We looked behind us. Their was my dad. I had a big sigh in relief. Now I knew everything was okay. We ended up getting off at the second stop, and then my mom Stacey told us that that wasn't even a place that you could get off at. That day I went down a lot of fun routes including a black diamond. Which I went down all by myself, that is really good for the age that I was at. But this is a whole different story to tell.

No comments: