Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ethan's SOS

My SOS took place two or three years ago. I had just finished my book, it was 8:45 and I was ready for bed. I drifted into sleep. I was having a horrible dream. I was gutting chased by giant teddy bears with rabies. Then suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat. My pillows were all on the ground. I was burning under the covers, so I through them off. Little did I know that the night was about to get allot worse. I got up and walked to the bathroom. When I came out I looked at the stairs. I got this over whelming erg to jump all 17 of them. I took a few steps back and raced foreword. I jumped. As I fell I shouted "SOS!". I had snapped back into reality. Then without a warning some one grabbed my leg. I looked up and to my horror I saw one of those evil teddy bear thingies from my dream. His fuzzy brown paw was anchored around my leg. I started screaming " HELP! SOS! HELP! The bear started pulling and pulling on my leg then as I stared at it the bear started to burn. Not regular fire bright Green fire. When the flames lapped at my leg it didn't even hurt. Then I saw the strangest sight of my life. A lemur wearing a Harry potter suit, complete with a wand burst through the roof "HARRY RUBENS IS BACK!" he called as what was left of the bear shriveled up into ashes. The last thing I could do before I balked out was gape.

My eyes opened to the normal sounds of pots and pans. Only theese ones were different. I looked up at a furry face. Hmmmm that's strange I thought. Where had I seen that face before.... Then I remembered last night’s events. "Hello, Ethan said the face. "I am your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, Grandpa. "My name is Harry Rubens,” he said.

"I know,” I answered.

"Check this out" Harry countered and pulled out a camera so small I could barely see. "All yours. It's even got a clock." said Harry as he handed it to me. I flipped it over and on the back was this little sign. :)

After a quick breakfast, we started talking about the past nights events. Turns out those teddy bear thingies were my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, uncle Snape Rubens's minions. Harry started filling me in, he explained that he and Snape hade used to be friends, but late one night Snape had broken into his house. Snape had stolen his brand new refrigerator. But this was no ordinary refrigerator. This was a magical refrigerator. The brothers had never been the same. I looked back down at my camera. The little clock said it was 12:55. PAST MIDNIGHT! I started to feel a little tired. Well, really tired. So I asked Harry to find me a place to sleep. He cleared off a spot on his couch, and I curled up then went back too sleep.

When I woke up I realized Harry Rubens was nowhere to be seen. I looked around. I was back in my room. That was weird. Then it hit me. LAST NIGHT HAD ALL BEEN A DREAM!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Harry Rubens will be the death of me, yet. lol!

Cardinale said...

You really caught my attention with hook of "I drifted off to sleep" nice job.