SOS. Sometimes I just want to yell that out so the whole entire world can here me. One of those times would be when I was skiing with my dad and brother in Lake Tahoe. We were skiing down a run called the mountain run. It was called that because it went all the way down one of the mountains where there were a bunch of other runs. But there was one problem. there were two ways to go. Why was that a problem? Well because, on accident, I went a different way than my dad and brother. At first I thought they were following me, but realized they weren't when they called my name. I looked around and saw them going down the other way. I quickly thought about any way I might be able to get to where they were, but found out that it was a dumb idea because there were two fences between me and them. They told me to meet them at the bottom. I wasn't so sure about the idea, but I decided to give it a shot. It was going to be challenging though because there were some parts of the run that were difficult for me. And I was worried about getting stuck, or even possibly injured. That would be a drag. Luckily, I was pretty good at doing most of it though. Anyway, I was doing surprisingly well at the start. When I finally got too the challenging part, I stopped to catch my breath. I then realized that I didn't have time to catch my breath and decided to get it over with. Though it was probably equivalent to a black diamond, I ended up getting past it with no problems at all. But it was no time to give myself a pat on the back. I quickly went down the rest of the run.
When I got to the bottom I looked around for my dad and brother. They were nowhere to be seen. I was getting desperate. I looked harder. It was hard to look for him though, because there were so many other people. Eventually, after a lot of bad luck searching, I predicted that they were still going down the run. I hoped my prediction was right. If it wasn't... I wouldn't want to think about what would happen then. Right when I was about to give up all hope of finding him, I saw him expertly skiing towards me. Any doubts I had of finding him before hand were gone. I ran over and hugged him. Then I asked him why it took him so long to get to the bottom. He said that when he was in the middle of the run, a snow boarder ran into him and he fell over. He also said that since my brother was on a snow board, and snow boards don't go very fast on flat parts, it took them a while because there were lots of flat parts on the run. Overall, I was very thankful to be back with my dad and brother.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment