Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I AlMOST HAD TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM! SOS!

"I'm so excited!" I said. Today was the day if one of my High School Musical plays! You see, I had been doing this play, High School Musical, and today was the day of one of the REAL shows! "This is so intense! I thought, "Let's double check my costumes." 

"Audrey! You need to have lunch before the show!” My mom shouted from upstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back. I ran up the stairs. "What should I have?" I asked.

"Anything. Lyndsey and Jason are having bagels, why don't you cut yourself one?" my mom replied.

Jason is my brother and Lyndsey's my obnoxious older sister. "Okay," I shrugged. "But what if I cut my-" I started saying. But my mom cut me off

"Honey, hurry up, you don't want to be late! I'll be down stairs if you need me." She had said. I sighed and got out the bagel bag. Lets see. What do we have here? Whole wheat, blueberry, or plain? Eneeny-meeny-minny-moe. Blueberry. I thought. I got out a white plate and put my bagel on it. Then I got out a silver, clean, and sharp knife. Sigh. Whenever I cut bagels there always uneven. I thought. I grasped the knife in my right hand and the bagel in the other. I was holding it correctly, the right way-the way my dad told me how. I took a deep breath. Okay Audrey, don’t mess it up. I thought. I took the knife and cut. The bagel was going uneven. Shoot! Then my left index finger slipped of the bagel and right in front of the knife's path. The blade cut my finger-not all the way, though.

"Ahh!" I ran to the other counter and grabbed a paper towel. I wrapped it around my finger. The thing was, I didn't cry. At all. I was just shocked, really shocked.

"What happened?" My sister asked from the table.

"I just cut my finger" I replied, looking at the blood seeping through the paper towel. I folded the towel over again on my cut. The blood went right through. Wow I thought its really bleeding. I ran downstairs to my Mom. I could hear my sister and brother's feet following me down the stairs. Tap-tap-tap.

"Mommy!" I yelled.

"What, honey?" she said.

"Look!" I showed her my left finger wrapped in the tissue.

"What happened?" she said.

"I was cutting my bagel and my finger slipped and then I accidentally cut my finger!" I wailed.

I moaned. Now it was starting to hurt. My mom got out the cleaning foam and told me to take the paper towel of. She sprayed on the foam and dabbed it with a napkin. Then she took a fabric knuckle band-aid and put it on. She took another band-aid, a regular one this time, and put it over the cut and knuckle band-aid. Lastly, she put the bandage tape over the band-aids.

"There, how does it feel?" my mom asked.

"Well, okay" I said, now it was really, really hurting. My eyes started filling up with tears.

"You're going to be okay, Audrey, just settle down, and have some lunch" She kissed my forehead. She started walking away when-

"WAIT! Can you cut the rest of my bagel?" I asked politely. My mom smiled.

"Of course" she said. We went upstairs and my mom cut my bagel. Perfectly. I ate my bagel happily.

"Get in the car!" mom said to my sister and me.

"Shot-Gun!" My sister yelled. She jumped into the front seat and slammed the door in my face. I jumped into the back. My mom started the car. We pulled out of the driveway and started down the street.

"Wow. Mom, it really hurts. And it’s really deep." I said.

"Well" my mom stopped the car right in front of my neighbor's house. "John's house is right there, remember he's a fire-fighter so he probably has some stuff to help your finger. "Or, if we go to the emergency room, you'll miss your play" she said. She looked back at me.

"I want to do my play,” I confessed, finally.

The play turned out perfectly, even with a cut finger. But me, my mom, and the rest of my family all remember the day I cut my finger. We all remember it so well; we went out and bought a bagel cutter. But I still think it’s weird that I didn't cry I was just stunned. I also remember the feeling of when the sharp blade cut through my finger, sharp and shiny.

The cut also left a tiny, light scar, right across my left index finger. Every time I look at the scar, I remember the sharp, shiny blade cut through my finger.

No comments: