Thursday, October 30, 2008

DANCE S.O.S

It all started when my grade had a dance section of the year for one of my favorite classes, P.E. My friend Nicole and I, had a particularly awesome dance which we had prepared to be so incredibly cool, that we would go down in history. Unfortunately, that wasn't exactly the way I was feeling about it. When we first thought about it, we had decided that we would dance to our favorite song, called Axel F by Crazy Frog. But when we started practicing our dance, people started staring at us. At first, I thought it was because our dance was really cool. But then I realized that this might be because our dance was weird. After all, our dance was unbelievably crazy.

Well, that’s what started the whole S.O.S thing. So I asked some of my other friends if they thought that our dance was weird, and they said "No, of course we don't think that it's to weird." That made me feel a whole heck of a lot better. After that, Nicole and I agreed that we should probably take out some of the extremely crazy parts of our awesome dance. After we revised it, we started making up new parts of the dance, and even added somebody else to the dance. Her name was Daisy. Daisy was new that year, so we tried to make her feel very welcome. It turned out that she loved to dance, so we let her pretty much do what ever she wanted.

Here comes the actual S.O.S. We would be performing our dance in exactly four days. I was back to being really, really, really, nervous. I tried not to think about what could possibly go wrong. Such as the wrong dance move at the wrong time, or the wrong music, or pretty much the wrong anything. I willed myself not to think about any of those things. But yet, I did. Mr. Tong, our P.E. teacher told me that everything would be fine, when I old him about it. But, of course, I had my doubts. Nicole told me that we could ask people not to watch us, but I told her that that was the whole point of performing.

After three days, Nicole, Daisy, and I, had completely perfected our dance. We thought it was fabulous. We asked people to watch us do our dance so that they could grade it. We got mostly nines and tens and even one fantastic eleven. But, we were all still really nervous. We spent more time working on the actual performance layout of our dance, than the dance itself. The performance was tomorrow, and we were very, very, very, confident in ourselves that we would do a completely fantabulous job performing our great dance.

Then the day came. We actually did ask people not to watch us, but of course they didn't listen. We told them that it was for certain specific reasons, but they still didn't listen to us. We were really quite mad at them, but we finally let them stay.

When we did the dance, we did great. No, make that utterly fabulous. The only problem with our dance, was that the boom box that we were using kept stopping in the middle of our dance. But still, I have to say that we did a pretty good job. I a really proud of myself to this day. That was my S.O.S.

No comments: