Thursday, October 30, 2008

doggy S.O.S

My SOS started on a perfect day, in a perfect week, in a perfect year, and well you get the point, it was good. My dad, my sister, and I all went to the park for a bit of air. It was a nice day, all sunny and nice with a small breeze. We got my dog on a leash and we went.

When we got there we let Sadie off the leash on the sidewalk about ten yards away from the front entrance. When we got there we saw Sadie playing with an enormous puppy German Sheppard. They were sniffing each other’s butts when Sadie yelped and zipped out of the park and up the hill towards my house. We all start yelling at Sadie because we were scared and wanted her to be okay.

The owner of the other dog didn't even care about my dog, only his dog. When we ran all the way home we looked in the front and back yard... we couldn't find her and my mom opened the door and said she was inside.  My mom told us that she saw her running and opened the door. When she did that her paws were bleeding. Lucy and I had streaks down our faces from crying so hard. Unfortunately I was the one who had to get on my hands and knees to scrub the bloody paw prints off the floor.

Sadie recovered but didn't have to go to the vet. We think that her paws bled because she ran so fast, not because she stepped on/in something sharp.  Anyway that was my SOS.  Another SOS that is kind of linked to this, goes like this:

One day two weeks ago on Wednesday, I went to my tennis lesson and my mom said,
"I'll come with you this time, Sadie needs a walk."  So we got there, I went to tennis and she and Sadie went to the grassy area. About two minutes into my lesson, I hear a loud, high pitch squeal. Next thing I knew two dogs went by, one big, one small, a German Sheppard, and a mutt.  My dog was getting chased on to East Blithdale by a humango German Sheppard dog.
This was very frightened to me. Tears rushed from my eyes. I tried to fight them back but I just couldn't. My tennis teacher, Joe told me not to go any further. The other dog came trotting past all happy, not hurt at all. About 30 seconds later the owner of the GINORMOUS GERMAN SHEPPERD came back. Joe asked the owner (creep) guy,

"Are the dogs okay?" The owner (creep) said,

"They both got hit... I got to go see if my dog is okay."

I was stunned. This concept is scary to a ten year old. I started crying so hard that I got a bloody nose. Okay, that's the only funny part of my SOS. It was so bad. Only one of my million bloody noses could maybe beat this. Anyway, back to the point, all these people came over to me (fine! one or two) and said things like, " I'm so sorry" or, " That happened to my dog when I grew up..." On and on with sad stories. This made me even sadder.

I obviously didn't play tennis after that. So I just sat there in a forest Green wiggly plastic chair. After a bit my mom came to get me. She had a red face, obviously she had been crying. She motioned me to her. I went. She told me, "I have bad news... she died.

I started crying again. Not too hard, but not fighting tears. I wanted to say good-bye, but how? My mom told me I could see her in the animal hospital. I told her that I wanted to do that. She said that we had to pick up my older sister from dance. We waited and waited. Finally we got to Happy Feet the dance studio. When Lucy got in the car she was puzzled. We told her. She totally denied it. When we got to the hospital only my mom and I went in.

When we reached the room I opened the door,  took one look, and that freaked me out. Man, that was scary. But fortunately my mom made me go in. I stroked Sadie's fur. I gave her a couple of hugs and a couple of kisses and lots of tears. But when I told mom, "enough," we went.

That made me feel a lot better. Now, I still miss Sadie but don't cry over it all the time, anyway that was my SOS.

No comments: