"My pinky toe hurts!" I cried after severely landing on a basket ball while jumping on a trampoline.

"Lets go into the house and get some ice," my third grade best friend, Georgia, said meaningfully. As we got up the stairs and made our way inside, I was screaming, "OW, OW, OW" the whole time while four girls were taking my arm very tightly.
"I need to take a rest," the closest spot to rest was in the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet in pain. Thankfully the toilet lid was closed. I looked at my toe, it lo
oked like a balloon. Yes, it was that swollen.
When my friend gave me the ice she looked at my toe and her facial expression went berserk. It is true, my toe did look pretty gross. "I think you might of broken your toe," one of the girls said like she was some sort of advanced doctor. I took the ice and melted it on my toe. My friends were extremely close to me, so close that I could feel them breathing on me. This is my S.O.S. moment, not them breathing on me, but that I just broke my toe right before vacation to Monterrey. I JUST BROKE MY TOE BEFORE VACATION TO MONTERREY was all I thought about for the next twenty minutes. I went into the T.V. room, sat down on the couch and asked if I could watch a movie. Everyone came into the T.V. room and started shuffling their way through all the movies. They finally picked out the 'perfect' one that they all agreed on after trying for about twenty minutes, and then I decided that my toe was feeling a little bit better, even though it wasn't.
"Can we go back outside?" I say feeling stupid. Sighs of disappointment filled the room. "We pick a movie and then she wants to go outside," I hear one girl say under her breath. "Yeah!" Georgia said as the only girl that wanted to. All of a sudden right after she said that all the other girls started to chime in with her, surprise, surprise (you can never turn disagree with the Birthday Girl!). They all ran outside except for Georgia who was the only girl that realized that I would be limping. Thank god we're friends!
When it was time to go I was the last one to leave.
"Why are you limping?" My step mom asked. "Well," I say figuring out how to explain it, "I sort of, uh, humph, Let's see," I said figuring out how to explain it. Once I figured out how to say it I just blurted it out. "Right before vacation," she said as if she ruled the world, "nice going." "Yeah, I know, it wasn't the best move in the world. But I like the rest of the birthday party," I said trying to finish up the conversation.
Georgia and I exchanged goodbyes and I left.
For the next couple days I was limping 24/7.
"Dad, can I have crutches?" I screamed. "Why do you need them?" he screamed back. "What do think?" I screamed back acting all sassy.
My dad carried me into the car to go to Right Aid to get crutches I persuaded him to get me. He carried me over to the pharmacy to ask where the crutches were.
"Down the aisle, to left," he said in a thick Brazilian accent. My dad carried me to where the man pointed. There we found them wrapped up in the thin plastic that everything else is wrapped in, they looked so beautiful. We took the out of their hiding place and my dad put me down. He told me to try them on. I followed his orders and they fit perfectly. He carried me back to the checkout stand like he was carrying a hot dog. He put me down and I leaned against the candy shelves hoping I wouldn't knock all the candy down. Before we got in the car I unwrapped them and started to use them. They started to rub against my armpits, which I knew would be uncomfortable for vacation. It was the smallest size, we did already unwrap them. "So what" I thought to myself. We piled into the car and drove off.
When we got home I started to use them like an obsession. They practically became my best friend. By the time I had to go to bed I had red marks in my armpits. Tomorrow we would go on vacation. The next day we got in the and put the crutches in the back. We drove off. After a couple hours of reading I dozed off."WE'RE HERE!" my brother screamed. At least I was in the back so his shouts didn't wake me up. We all got out of the car except me, who was stuck in the back screaming at my brother who didn't put down the seat so I could get out. But once I opened my eyes all I did was realized that all I would get from this trip was really red armpits from the crutches and a crummy look at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium in a wheelchair, oh, one more thing, grossed out when I watched people put starfish one their arms. Gross.
6 comments:
I like your SOS. I really feel the SOS moment because you explained it really well. You had a few mistakes that were just like leaving out a word or something like that. you know, kind of just non thinking mistakes. But you only had a few which I think is really good. NICE JOB.
thanks for pointing that out!
Tallulah,
I also went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium which I thought was nice but it must not be that much fun and you're in a weelchair.
Wow I wonder what it's like with broken toes. I guess I should know because I broke my arms three times. But I never had to be in a wheel chair. Did it hurt alot?
~Cole~
I guess you could say that.
Post a Comment